Due Date: September 8, 2014 The goal of NASA’s EPSCoR program is to develop academic research enterprises that are long term, self-sustaining and nationally competitive for non-EPSCoR funds. Funded projects are expected to establish research activities that will make important contributions to the strategic research and technology development priorities of one or more of the Mission Directorates and contribute to the overall research infrastructure, science, and technology capabilities, higher education, and economic development of the State. Specifically, the objectives of the NASA EPSCoR program are:
- Contribute to and promote the development of research infrastructure in NASA EPSCoR States in areas of strategic importance to the NASA mission; (Space Science, Mission to Planet Earth, Human Exploration and Development of Space, Aeronautics, and Space Technology.)
- Improve the capabilities of the NASA EPSCoR States to gain support directly from NASA and other sources outside the NASA EPSCoR program;
- Contribute to the overall research infrastructure, science, and technology capabilities, higher education, and economic development of the State;
- Work in close coordination with the NASA Space Grant program to improve the environment for science, mathematics, engineering, and
- Promote and support technology education in the State.