The Nevada System of Sponsored Programs and EPSCoR Office is happy to announce funding opportunities for faculty researchers to build statewide collaborations. These funds can be used to hold workshops to stimulate potential collaborations among NSHE faculty, NASA scientists/engineers, and industry with the goal of initiating seed grant funding and/or proposal development for nationally competitive solicitations to all federal agencies including NASA.
There is no institutional match required for these workshop proposals.
The workshop topic should drive proposals that:
- contribute to and promote the development of research infrastructure in areas of strategic importance to the NASA mission; Space Science, Mission to Planet Earth, Human Exploration and Development of Space, Aeronautics, and Space Technology;
- improve the capabilities of Nevada to gain support directly from NASA and other sources outside the NASA EPSCoR program;
- contribute to the overall research infrastructure, science, and technology capabilities, higher education, and economic development of the State by utilizing Nevada’s unique resources and assets while developing and expanding regional interests in Climate Change, Systems Engineering, Astrophysics, Planetary Geology, and Astrobiology;
- work in close coordination with the NASA Space Grant Program to improve the environment for science , math, engineering, and technology education in the State;
- have relevance to the Governor’s initiatives stated in his Nevada economic development plan.
These workshops should have a topical theme such that collaborations can be built. Workshops that include a proposal writing component (to familiarize faculty with NSPIRES, NASA opportunities as well as writing a competitive proposal) are encouraged.