DRI’s education team is available to discuss broader impacts / EOD ideas with PIs. We take a STEM pipeline approach to program development, identifying gaps in the current system to create innovative resources and activities for a more diverse and capable STEM workforce in Nevada.
We emphasize statewide partnerships, collaborating with ALL NSHE partners. We have an extensive K-12 network of partners in school districts, museums, non-profits, etc. As many PIs are already familiar, the EOD section of the NSF EPSCoR proposal receives substantial attention in review and a significant part of the budget, so we would work closely with the Nevada EPSCoR Office to ensure that broader impacts review criteria are met and that proposals leverage prior program experience in the state.
Examples of some of our current endeavors are:
– K-12 curriculum development (Green Box STEM kits)
– K-12 teacher professional development
– STEM Internships for PUI students
– Cyber Security internship program
– Citizen science for general public and K-12
– Science Distilled public lecture series