- Program Schedule
- Poster Presentations
- Travel Information
- Press Room
- Contact Us
Now Available: Workshop Summary Report
The National Science Foundation, the Nevada System of Higher Education and the EPSCoR Western Tri-State Consortium invite you to attend “Climate Change Science for Effective Resource Management and Public Policy in the Western United States.”
The conference will be held in Las Vegas, Nevada on March 27 and 28, 2013, at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas - Student Union. The conference format will encourage participation by all attendees in a series of breakout sessions and panel discussions that will address important issues/questions relevant to climate change adaptation and the research needed to address it. Keynote speakers will provide a context for research and adaptation strategies.
“Adapting to Climate Change-–Scientists and decision makers working together to accommodate climate change in their planning and research initiatives”
The workshop will focus on
- Assessing the effects of climate change: Informing adaptation strategies
- Adaptation Planning: Evaluating options and their associated economic, environmental or social cost.
- Communicating climate change science for education, management, and policy
- Engage key stakeholders and scientists interested in climate change science and/or its translation to resource management and policy.
- Inform key stakeholders and scientists about new climate change science efforts and capabilities in Nevada, Idaho and New Mexico.
- Identify stakeholder’s key climate change questions and data needs.
- Build collaborations among scientists and stakeholders in climate change science utilizing the new capabilities in Nevada, Idaho and New Mexico.
- Initiate Climate Change Adaptation Information and Strategies: provide information that can be readily used by land managers and initiate actionable collaborations.
Who Should Attend:
University faculty; researchers; graduate students; early-career scientists; engineers; public information officers; federal, state, and local government staff; elected officials; water and energy sector representatives; legislative staff; individuals from the US Global Change Research Program including NOAA, NASA, NSF, EPA, and the Department of Interior, Defense, and Energy; EPSCoR Project Directors and Administrators; NSF; NGOs; and any researcher currently working on an NSF-funded project.
Please plan to attend both full days of the workshop. The registration fee will cover the cost of breakfast, breaks and lunch for March 27 and March 28, 2013. To register click here.